Tuesday, August 5, 2014

In My Therapy Bag | Cindy from Your Kids OT

Today I am happy to have Cindy from Your Kids OT here to share what's in her therapy bag. Cindy is a pediatric occupational therapist joining us from Sydney, Australia! I especially enjoyed her submission, because I like to have an arsenal of paper choices for students when I'm working on handwriting. When it comes to handwriting, the paper that works for one child doesn't always work for another. Read on to check out the Earth Paper that Cindy has created to help kids with letter sizing. 


What's in my therapy bag?

Earth paper is a series of coloured scaffold lines for writing to assist with letter sizing. This includes earth (brown), grass (green), and the sky (blue). I usually use earth paper when introducing letter sizes and reinforcing starting points for letter formation. Earth paper may be laminated for durability to use with multiple children or repeated use with one child.

As a child becomes familiar with earth paper, I may place a copy of the earth paper under their regular notebook as a faint guide. I will then withdraw the use of the paper as the child shows more consistency with letter size and formation.

Here's a brief guide for using earth paper for small letters, tall letters, and tail letters. For a complete guide, please visit Your Kid's OT.
Picture
Small Letters


Picture
Tall Letters
Picture
Tail Letters

 

Get your own Earth Paper:

Earth Paper is available in the Your Kid's OT shop or on Teachers Pay Teachers.

Connect with Cindy:

Website: www.yourkidsot.com/
Blog: www.yourkidsot.com/blog
Facebook: www.facebook.com/yourkidsot
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/yourkidsot/ 
Teachers Pay Teachers: www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Your-Kids-Ot

Have an item in your therapy bag that you'd like to share? I'd love for you to share it in an upcoming post! Just send me an email, AbbyPediatricOT {at} gmail {dot} com for more information. Open to all therapists! You don't have to be a blogger to participate!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: