Friday, August 8, 2014

A Few Things

Is anyone else wondering where July went? As summer continues to fly by, here are a few things I think are worth sharing.

AOTA is gearing up for 2014 Capitol Hill Day. Want to participate? Sign up here.

Summer winding down means the new school year is right around the corner. And that means it will be time to manage your workload for the school year. AOTA recently collaborated with APTA and ASHA to create a document about adopting a workload approach, rather than a caseload approach.

NPR Ed is running a series of stories this week on Playing to Learn. Occupational therapists have long understood the benefits of play, and in recent years have been advocating for play to be valued in our fast-paced high-tech world. I'm a little bummed that OT isn't mentioned in any of these stories, but they are still good and definitely worth a read (or a listen).

This last one is not related to OT at all, it just made me feel nostalgic and I wanted to share it with you. Here's a fun fact about me. Long before I was an occupational therapist, my first job was delivering papers on a paper route. In a small town in Iowa. Just like this boy. What was your first job?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: