Friday, August 1, 2014

A Few Things

Happy August, everyone! Here are a few things I've come across that I think are worth sharing:

Are you an OT student or new practitioner? Here are Five Tips for Your First Five Years on the Job from AOTA.

There is an interesting discussion happening on the AOTA SISIS forum about when to stop handwriting instruction. (AOTA Member log-in required)

The new school year is right around the corner. Are you planning an event for Backpack Awareness Day? If so, be sure to register your event with AOTA. Registration is new this year to help AOTA plan for future years AND you have a chance to receive free backpacks to hand out at your event!

When I worked in the schools, I always dreamed of starting the year organized (and staying organized the entire school year). Chanda has got a back to school game plan for organization that I could get on board with.

Back to school also means data collection on IEP goals. I like this idea of student generated data collection from Your Therapy Source.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: