Friday, April 18, 2014

A Few Things

This week I've discovered several new (or at least new-to-me) blogs by therapists that are worth checking out. The Inspired Treehouse is joint effort by two pediatric occupational therapists and a physical therapist, Pink Oatmeal is written by a physical therapist who is also a new mama, and Your Kids OT is written by a pediatric occupational therapist in Australia. All three of these blogs share such great information. I get excited when I see them popping up in my feedly! A few posts to get you started: Baby Walker Dangers and Limitations, Quick Tip for Visual Motor Skills, and What's in Your Hand?

And here are a few more things I've come across that I think are worth sharing:

- Sluggish Cognitive Tempo - What do you think? Is this really the "new attention disorder"?

- I've been following both Ellen and Kate's blogs for quite awhile, and this is awesome. Sharing on blogs really can make a difference!

- Have you ever used a partially deflated ball as a wiggle seat? I have and it works great!

- This is truly the ultimate playdough resource.

- I don't know about you, but I'm really loving the trend to teach mindfulness in the classroom.

- Am I the only OT who hasn't yet gotten my hands on some kinetic sand? I keep hearing about this mess free sand and need to check it out.

- And finally, did you see my recap of #AOTA14 over on the PediaStaff blog? If not, be sure to check it out here!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: